We are the St. Isidore Grizzlies!
All St. Isidore activities are supervised by volunteers who have undergone mandatory training under the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law and Archdiocesan Policy for the Protection of Children & Young People.
A fun physical education program is part of the St. Isidore curriculum. We also have healthy, family oriented events such as a 5K fundraiser and Field Day, but we also offer opportunities for competitive team play.
In conjunction with the parish’s CYO, students participate in sports including:
- Fall: Cross Country, Girls’ Volleyball, Football*
- Winter: Basketball
- Spring: Baseball, Track
Additional information and registration links about other sports are available on the St. Isidore CYO page.
Football is offered through SASH Crusaders with JV for Fifth and Sixth grades and Varsity for Seventh and Eighth grades. Click through to their site for more information.
Hockey is offered for students in grades 4 through 8 through the Lansdale Catholic Hockey Club. Any boy or girl (of any skill level) attending an area Catholic school who is interested in playing or just trying hockey is encouraged. Equipment is provided. We have teams for both experienced and beginning players. For more information call Joe Volpe at 215-407- 7111 or email LCicehockey@comcast.net.
Every student receives music instruction as part of the St. Isidore curriculum which leads to two concerts each year: one before Christmas and one in the Spring. Early Childhood classes have a separate concert from our Elementary and Middle school students. Some Elementary and Middle school students have the opportunity to be cast for lead speaking, performing and/or dancing roles. Recent productions have included selections from musicals such as Annie, Godspell, and Disney’s Cinderella.
All Third grade students learn and perform with recorders as part of an introductory musical instrument program. Instruments and instructional scores are provided by our Parents As Partners organization (PAPA). They perform at the concerts and during special events such as the Thanksgiving Feast.
In addition, parents can sign children up for group music lessons through Northeastern Music Programs starting in Third grade. Instruments taught include flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, percussion and violin. These musicians are also featured in our biannual concerts. Instrument rentals are available through Menchey Music.
Fourth and Fifth grade musicians are encouraged to audition for the Archdiocese Festival Band. Sixth through Eighth grade musicians can audition for Honor Band. More information is at Archdiocesan Elementary Music.
Clubs / Social Events
In-school activities include:
- Active Student Council
- After school Science Explorers camp
- Introductory swimming lessons (Grade 1) in conjunction with Upper Bucks County YMCA
Girl Scouts – Catholic Girl Scouting has a long tradition at St. Isidore Parish. We currently have Daisy (K/1st), Brownie (2nd/3rd), Senior (9th/10th), and Ambassador (11th/12th) troops that are associated with the parish and considered “St. Isidore” troops. Besides doing all the things other troops do, we generally meet on the grounds of the school or church, add a prayer to our opening ceremony at meetings, get involved in our parish community, and work on special medals for Catholic Girl Scouts. The leaders of our troops have fulfilled all of the GS and Diocese requirements and follow all guidelines. We are always in need of leaders and currently do not have a Junior (4th/5th) or Cadets (6th/7th/8th) troop due to lack of leaders.
Whether in a St. Isidore sponsored troop or not, any Girl Scout belonging to the parish is welcomed to be involved in Girl Scout Sunday each March, and also to participate in Religious Recognition Programs offered by the OYYA Catholic Committee on Girl Scouts. Information is posted in the bulletin.
Please contact Donna Devlin at email@example.com for further information.
Boy Scouts – There are two scouting groups sponsored by St. Isidore’ Church, Cub Pack 185 and Boy Scout Troop 185. Boys come from all over the Quakertown area and are of many different religious and non-religious backgrounds
- Cub Scouts – Cub Scouts is for boys who are in 1st grade or age 7, up to 4th grade. Meetings are held every Thursday evening from 6:45 pm to 8:30 pm at St. Isidore School. The Scouting season traditionally runs with the school season, starting in September and running until June, with a mini-week or full week at a sleep-away camp during July. During the school year, boys of the same age are grouped together in weekly Den meetings and work together on fun activities that emphasize good character and achievements towards their next rank. Once a month the entire Pack meets so the boys can get to know each other and enjoy group-wide activities. Contact is Cubmaster John McClintic at John@Design2Play.net or 610-637-1464.
- Boy Scouts – A boy can join Boy Scout Troop 185 once he’s completed 5th grade or is age 11. Troop 185 meets year-round, every Thursday evening, from 7 pm-8:30 pm at St. Isidore School. The emphasis on this program is developing leadership skills and encouraging independence through outdoor activities. The Troop typically goes on an outing once per month and Scouts are encouraged to participate in as many of them as they can. Similar to Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts earn higher Ranks as they meet accomplishments and learn new skills. Contact is Scoutmaster Chris Benetz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-892-8690.
- Venture Club contact is Scott Little at email@example.com
Our Parents As Partners Association (PAPA) sponsors a variety of social activities throughout the year. Many of these have become cherished traditions like:
Breakfast with Santa
Daddy Daughter Dance
President’ Day Bowling
Mother Son Iron Pigs Game